On 21 February 2012 20:55, John Rigby <john.ri...@linaro.org> wrote:
> Forwarding to all after I realized my answer only went to Peter:
> That manifest entry points to the u-boot-tools package which is
> userland package containing mkimage so not really what you want.
>
> Your email reminds me we need to do this better like we now do for the
> kernel.  But that does not help you. Given the date of that hwpack I
> would guess that the u-boot was last months release:
>
> http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=boot/u-boot-linaro-stable.git;a=commit;h=a7aebf03597d9661ad0e5241c12e448e980800b4

Thanks. With the aid of those sources I was able to determine that
the bug I was looking at:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu-linaro/+bug/928580
seems to be a u-boot bug. get_board_mem_timings() doesn't
recognise the Beagle C4 + Micron 0xba NAND combo[*] and so falls
into the xM case for 512MB RAM. Since that's twice as much RAM as
we actually have things quickly go pear-shaped.

[*] not just a qemu-ism, there's a boot of real hardware with
that part here:
http://osdir.com/ml/beagleboard/2011-09/msg00604.html

Where should I report this?

Thanks