On Thursday 23 February 2012 07:26 PM, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
On 23/02/12 10:27, Aneesh V wrote:
Ok. Agree. I never used to use %function when I wrote assembly
functions earlier. I am sure a lot of code will break if this was
enforced.

If you've not used %function on ARM, then your code is semantically
broken even if it isn't syntactically broken.

The ABI rules for dealing with interworking and and out-of-range
branches all rely on %function being used correctly.

Hmm.. I learned it the hard way:)

BTW, very few assembly functions in U-Boot had %function or equivalent.
I am trying to clean it up at least for armv7.

Thanks,
Aneesh