Hi.

I'm currently fumbling around in the dark, trying to find a kernel which
I can use to compile the powervr drivers, as well as with rpmsg support.
Ideally the rpmsg should already be in the kernel, but I can see that
this might be hard, and cherry picking is an ok solution. I'm wondering
if one of the ti landing team kernels might be suitable for this, and if
one of these is considered a stable kernel?

Last kernel I looked at was the LEB 3.1.5+ kernel,
release-linux-2011-12, which worked fine for compiling the pvr drivers
from rsalveti, but didn't contain rpmsg drivers. When I tried the
release-linux-2012-01 kernel, 3.2.0+, it could compile the powervr
driver, but didn't contain the rpmsg drivers and didn't actually run, as
I got the message 'coherent pool not initialized' from the kernel when
trying to allocate for the ehci-omap.

The kernel will be run on a device with an omap4460 if this is of interest.

I would really appreciate your help on this, as I feel quite lost in all
the different branches and tags which reside in the different linaro
kernels, so a repo with a stable commit would really help. As most rpmsg
implementations I have seen follows the 3.2 kernel, that would really be
preferable if I need to cherry pick, but if not I don't really care if
it's 3.1 or 3.2.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them.

Best regard
Martin Ertsas