On Sun, 2012-04-01 at 20:59 +0400, Andrey Konovalov wrote:
> On 03/31/2012 01:17 PM, Jon Medhurst (Tixy) wrote:
> > On Fri, 2012-03-30 at 10:15 -0700, John Stultz wrote:
> >>
> >> In that case, just go ahead and push the full config to the config tree.
> >> If we need to do have fullly-enabled vs upstream builds we can deal with
> >> the warnings in the latter case (or maybe further split the board
> >> configs into -upstream and -lt ?).
> >
> > So this means Landing Teams should host the configs for their boards and
> > you will host the linaro-base, ubuntu and android fragments?
>
> We could have a separate topic branch for the linaro-base and ubuntu and
> fragments (not board specific), as there is no linaro-base or ubuntu
> topic in linux-linaro. Otherwise the generic features (not board
> specific) should also add the config fragments to their topic branches.
> So the android fragment could live in the android topic as well.

I'm not sure I follow this, can you give some examples of what files
live in what repos in what branches?

The things we need to know is:
- What config fragemnts is the LT the origin of?
- How these should be organised.
- Where I get the rest of the config fragments from which I need to
  build and test the LT tree for Ubuntu and Android.

One suggestion...

Have a directory structure like

configs/linaro/base/
configs/linaro/android/
configs/linaro/ubuntu/

configs/$BOARD/base/
configs/$BOARD/android/
configs/$BOARD/ubuntu/

Then the configs for Android on $BOARD would be...

Get and sort alpha-numerically:
   configs/linaro/base/* configs/$BOARD/base/*
then get and sort alpha-numerically configs
   configs/linaro/android/* configs/$BOARD/android/*

And if the 'linaro' directory used configs prefixed with numbers say
from 30..69, and $BOARD could use 00..29 and 70..99 (the latter to
override linaro configs which cause problems.

Then topic branches which add new generic feature can add a file like

   configs/linaro/base/60-new-feature.conf

and for say a board specific feature:

   configs/$BOARD/base/20-new-feature.conf

and a board workaround for an Android problem

   configs/$BOARD/android/99-disable-problematic-config.conf

The current set of generic configs we have would become

   configs/linaro/base/50-general.conf
   configs/linaro/android/50-general.conf
   configs/linaro/ubuntu/50-general.conf

but they should be split into smaller files eventually, e.g.
50-general.conf would currently have a bunch of trace and profiling
options that Gator requires, if these were moved to 51-gator.conf then
people would know what and why these are there.

Anyway, that was just my proposal because I haven't seen it explained
anywhere how this stuff is meant to work.

--
Tixy