On 10 April 2012 17:01, Andy Green <andy.gr...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On 04/11/2012 07:41 AM, Somebody in the thread at some point said:
>> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Christian Robottom Reis
>> <k...@linaro.org> wrote:

>>> This is a bit unexpected -- is there really nobody currently booting
>>> Panda using a DT?
>> The routine tests we do on each monthly release test for device tree
>> and this test has passed for panda for months now.  That is the LT
>> kernel that may include some DT patches so maybe that explains this?
>
> Right, LT kernels work fine with DT boot, we have done DT boot on OMAP4
> since last Autumn.  We still need to add at least this for a long time
>
> http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=landing-teams/working/ti/kernel.git;a=commitdiff;h=e7f11e8c3a67ca73da27b33814307077ea73f6b5

This is from Dec and still not in mainline. Grant, Arnd, Rajendra, do
you know the reason why?

> I don't know if that's all that's required.
>
> Last week we tried v3.3 mainline and it dies in some problem about UART.

Have you tried 3.4-rc kernels?

> Omar, you should look here
>
> http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=landing-teams/working/ti/kernel.git;a=summary
>
> use tilt-tracking and omap_5430evm_defconfig
>
> That's workable on 4430, 4460 (and Omap5) with DT boot.  We have a race
> bug about mmc probe outstanding but we can't reproduce it at the moment.
>  Otherwise for 4460 it should be running on all cylinders.

Can someone on the LT, working with Omar, take some time to dig into what all
is needed to boot mainline with DT support?  I'm a little surprised
too that it doesn't
just work out of the box. :/

~Deepak