On 15 May 2012 13:05, Ramana Radhakrishnan
<ramana.radhakrish...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On 15 May 2012 12:54, Alexander Sack <a...@linaro.org> wrote:
>> Basically a gadget that allows you to use one sd card shared by two
>> computers.
>>
>> Power off computer A and computer B will see the sdcard. Power on
>> computer A and sd card will get unplugged from computer B; computer A
>> can use it exclusively until it gets powered off again.
>
> (Assuming that computer B is powered off at the same time that
> Computer A comes on) Interesting though I'm not sure where I'd use it
> and how it would work if I had a running computer B and it was using
> that device :)

No, computer B can remain powered on all the time.  Imagine computer A being
a Pandaboard with power controlled by computer B, a PC.  Now the PC can
power off the Pandaboard, write an image to the card, and power on the Panda
again.  This allows fully automatic recovery from a bad boot loader/kernel.

--
Mans Rullgard / mru