Hi all,

Some of you probably know bits about this already, but the LAVA team
has been working to implement features around privacy of test jobs and
results in LAVA.

One feature that has actually been present from the beginning but
hardly used is that bundle streams have defined access rules.  Most
streams for the last year or so have been anonymous, which means that
anyone can see results in the stream, and anyone can put results in
the stream.

If a stream is not anonymous, it can either be owned by a person or a
group, and independently it can be public or private.  Only the owner
(or members of the owning team) can put results into a non-anonymous
bundle and only the owner (or members of the owning team) can see the
results in a private bundle.  Everyone can see the results in a public
bundle.

All this information about a bundle is encoded in its name:

    public    personal
 /   -or-   /  -or-    / {person-or-team name} / {bundle name} /
   personal    team

The reason for going on about this is that it is now possible to
create jobs for LAVA that can submit to a non-anonymous stream and
that the visibility rules for a _job_ are the same as the _stream_ it
will submit results to (also, if you try to submit a job that will
submit to a stream you cannot submit to yourself, this will be
rejected at submission time, rather than failing right at the end of
the job).  So, I wanted to submit a job that would submit to a private
strteam of mine, I might put this in my LAVA job:

      "command": "submit_results",
      "parameters":
        {
          "server": "http://validation.linaro.org/lava-serverRPC2/";,
          "stream": "/private/personal/mwhudson/random/"
        }

We've already converted most of the automatically submitted jobs over to
using private streams (visible to members of ~linaro on Launchpad) per
the new privacy policy, but this email should give you an idea of what
is possible when setting up new jobs.

Cheers,
mwh & the LAVA team