On Wed, 2012-07-11 at 17:00 +0100, Viresh Kumar wrote:
> On 11 July 2012 14:32, Jon Medhurst (Tixy) <t...@linaro.org> wrote:
>         On Wed, 2012-07-11 at 10:57 +0100, Viresh Kumar wrote:
>         There's going to be an 'interesting' merge with our TC2
>         enablement
>         branch.
>
>         In arch/arm/kernel/topology.c both branches factor out
>         update_siblings_masks(), one of them modifies it.
>
>         And in the same file, both branches also add functions called
>         parse_dt_topology() with different functionality. In the
>         resolution I'm
>         currently testing, I fixed this by renaming the version from
>         big-LITTLE-MP-v2 to parse_dt_for_cpu_capacity() as that seemed
>         an
>         accurate description of what it did. Is it tool late to also
>         do this in
>         the MP branch?
>

> There are two patches doing the same thing (Vincent probably picked
> this patch from Lorenzo and updated it a bit),

The don't look like they are doing the same thing to me?!?

Lorenzo's patch parses DT for cluster layout.

Vincent's patch parses DT looking for CPU core type and frequency so it
can set power/capaciy.

I can see no overlap in the CPU node properties that they parse.

Perhaps Lorenzo and Vincent can comment?

--
Tixy