On 5 September 2012 22:39, Arjan van de Ven <ar...@linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On 9/5/2012 9:56 AM, Rajagopal Venkat wrote:
>>> measure1:
>>> ev3.start
>>> ev1.end  <<<<<
>>
>> evX.end  <<<<<
>> These events are causing numbers to go wrong.
>
> but out of a 20 second window.. this is a tiny tiny window...
> if you see 100.1% I'd buy this reasoning.
> but you're seeing much more than that.

How about generating a report for 1sec duration?
Since timestamp itself is added to accumulated_runtime, the usage
percentage is really dependent on event end timestamp value.

>>> if so, then we're loosing events, which is no good. reporting less than 100%
>>> is ok, but reporting less than real is not.
>>
>> I did thought of it. Yes, agree that, we are loosing events for which
>> start timestamp
>
> we can't lose those!
> those are the events that give us the initial CPU frequency in the window
> etc....

Yes agree. I will submit the next version patch considering those events end
timestamp relative to first_stamp(src/process/do_process.cpp).

--
Regards,
Rajagopal