On 12/04/2012 08:10 PM, Viresh Kumar wrote:
On 5 December 2012 06:32, John Stultz <john.stu...@linaro.org> wrote:
Ok, so I've taken the 3.7 rebase tree Anton did while I was on leave and
cherry-picked a number of newer changes from the AOSP/android-3.4 branch.
This should contain the latest AOSP cpufreq-interactive, ion, and sync
drivers.

You can find it here:
git://git.linaro.org/people/jstultz/android.git
linaro-android-3.7-anton-rebase

I've also included fixes from Tushar and Tixy.

Let me know if you notice any other important commits missing from the AOSP
tree and I'll try to cherry-pick those in as well.
Hi John,

I haven't checked your repo till now, but the bigger question which
this thread had
was, how do we ensure that we always have the latest copy of
interactive governor
in linux-linaro tree?
You would like to pick them yourself from AOSP or us to point to that?
Or you can
also pull from the branch i created (which only had interactive
governor patches)?

So while I can try to update the linaro-android tree more frequently, maintaining that tree is more of a background task. So when my other commitments consume my attention, sometimes that update frequency is slower. Also, given we're already 3 releases beyond the AOSP tree, keeping the two branches in perfect sync is unlikely to happen (due to the higher chance of collisions). So if folks notice there is some critical functionality that is updated in the AOSP tree, when they let me know, I can be sure to merge it in (like was done with this case - albeit slower then I'd like).

However, if you're maintaining your own tree anyway, why not have Andrey pull your tree in addition to the current linaro-android-3.x-*rebase branch?

Since they are both contain a common subset, the merge will likely be quite easy. That way Andrey's tree will have a better chance of having the latest changes.

Does that seem ok?

One other option, if someone has the cycles and interest, is that I would be fine with handing over the linaro-android tree maintenance responsibilities. If you or anyone else is interested, please send me email and we can work it out.

thanks
-john