On Fri, 14 Dec 2012, Marc Zyngier wrote:

> On 14/12/12 15:54, Jon Medhurst (Tixy) wrote:
> > I must admit, my patch is based on someone elses work, and I've not seen
> > documentation which says that NOR flash can be written to simply by the
> > application being loaded by the models having code located at the
> > relevant address. I do know, that this code works on both A15 and A15xA7
> > models to boot Linux and Android, and that the new support it provides
> > for power down and up cores works.
> >
> > I'll try and see if I can find out if locating code at address zero is
> > officially supported...
>
> In the horrible hack that I use to boot both TC2 and RTSM, I use the
> static RAM located at 0x2E000000. It is only 64kB though.

That misses the point.

This patch has to hook some code at the address where the reset vector
is, so that we can get control of a CPU when it is brought back out of
reset.

So gents, please let stop splitting hairs.  This is required for CPU
hotplug to work, and by extension the b.L switcher.

Nicolas