On 20 December 2012 13:41, Vincent Guittot <vincent.guit...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On 19 December 2012 11:57, Morten Rasmussen <morten.rasmus...@arm.com> wrote:
>> If I understand the new version of "sched: secure access to other CPU
>> statistics" correctly, the effect of the patch is:
>>
>> Without the patch the cpu will appear to be busy if sum/period are not
>> coherent (sum>period). The same is true with the patch except in the
>> case where nr_running is 0. In this particular case the cpu will appear
>> not to be busy. I assume there is good reason why this particular case
>> is important?
>
> Sorry for this late reply.
>
> It's not really more important than other but it's one case we can
> safely detect to prevent spurious spread of tasks.
> In addition, The incoherency occurs if both value are close so
> nr_running == 0 was the only  condition that left to be tested
>

>> In any case the patch is fine by me.

Hmm... I am still confused :(

We have two patches from ARM, do let me know if i can drop these:

commit 3f1dff11ac95eda2772bef577e368bc124bfe087
Author: Morten Rasmussen <morten.rasmus...@arm.com>
Date:   Fri Nov 16 18:32:40 2012 +0000

    ARM: TC2: Re-enable SD_SHARE_POWERLINE

    Re-enable SD_SHARE_POWERLINE to reflect the power domains of TC2.

 arch/arm/kernel/topology.c | 2 +-

commit e8cceacd3913e3a3e955614bacc1bc81866bc243
Author: Liviu Dudau <liviu.du...@arm.com>
Date:   Fri Nov 16 18:32:38 2012 +0000

    Revert "sched: secure access to other CPU statistics"

    This reverts commit 2aa14d0379cc54bc0ec44adb7a2e0ad02ae293d0.

    The way this functionality is implemented is under review and the
current implementation
    is considered not safe.

    Signed-of-by: Liviu Dudau <liviu.du...@arm.com>

 kernel/sched/fair.c | 19 ++-----------------