On 20 February 2013 14:06, Philip Colmer <philip.col...@linaro.org> wrote:
> I'm not entirely comfortable with blindly white-listing anyone who posts to
> linaro-dev with something that doesn't look like spam, for several reasons:
>
> 1. That is not a great way to run a moderated mailing list.
> 2. IT aren't going to be in the best position to say whether or not the
> sender should be able to send to linaro-dev, even if they didn't send spam.
> 3. The whitelist is going to start getting very big very quickly, reducing
> the effectiveness of the mailing system and of the moderation function.

I understand your viewpoint, but the most important part is: mails should reach
everybody as soon as possible. Currently few of them are never reaching us :)

> This may need a bit more thought, I suspect. I suggest that there should be
> more than one non-IT person with administrator access to the list so that
> the moderator queue can be checked more frequently that is currently being
> done at the moment.

That's a good one and from their rather than blindly adding people to
white-list,
developers can actually decide pick people they trust.

I am ready to be part of this team of non-IT people.

--
viresh