On 5 April 2013 07:58, John Stultz <john.stu...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On 04/04/2013 06:34 PM, Viresh Kumar wrote:
>> Everytime i run merge_config.sh even with O=../ option, i have to run
>
> O=../ ?

Hmm.. when we compile kernel we can give O=../output-folder as an
parameter and so image/binaries will be created in ../output-folder..

I believe the same is true for merge_config.sh also, isn't it?

>> make mrproper to clean other stuff otherwise compilation doesn't succeed
>> and complains to run make mrproper.
>>
>> Make mrproper gave this:
>>
>> viresh@blr-linut-001:$ make mrproper
>>    CLEAN   scripts/basic
>>    CLEAN   scripts/kconfig
>>    CLEAN   include/config
>>    CLEAN   .config
>

> Sorry, still not sure I understand the problem.
>
> Could you send me the config fragments and commands you're using cause
> compilation problems?

Try this:

make mrproper
ARCH=arm O=../btc2 scripts/kconfig/merge_config.sh
linaro/configs/linaro-base.conf linaro/configs/vexpress.conf
linaro/configs/ubuntu-minimal.conf
make mrproper

You will still see some files being cleaned up by last make mrproper.