Chiming in.

We've been working to put together a linaro image with a graphics
stack that is based on xfce for OE.

I really like the idea that OE should output an axf and img that both
the Foundation and RTSM models can utilize straight away without a
hwpack or linaro-media-create. Extra steps are a drag.

Out of curiosity where is the code that outputs the root file system
for a tarball or ext3 img?

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Fathi Boudra <fathi.bou...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On 23 May 2013 13:20, Nicolas Dechesne <nicolas.deche...@linaro.org> wrote:

>>> there's always "the only problem", and then you have another one and so
>>> on.
>>> "greatly faster, simpler and more cost effective" that's what you said?
>>> afaics, you're wasting your time (and probably some LAVA guys time) on
>>> something already working...
>>> what's the benefit?
>>
>> well, in my case, we might not have the choice, as you guessed it right,
>> there are other stakeholders, and i might not be able to justify an hwpack
>> solution as opposed to a native OE solution. i will get a better (complete)
>> picture by Connect, and we can discuss more then.
>
> Nico, I know your use case and I'm definitely not pushing on the
> hwpack story specifically (even more for your project).
>
> In other words, I don't think linaro specific approach is perfect and
> I don't want to maintain the status quo (that's the goal of hwpackv4).
> I want to move forward to improve the situation and be more efficient
> but I'm not convinced the native approach is perfect either.
> As I said previously, there's pros/cons for both solutions.
>
> I'm glad there's interest on the topic and see you at Connect to have
> a constructive discussion :)

Regards,
Tom

"Where's the kaboom!? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering
kaboom!" Marvin Martian
Tech Lead, Graphics Working Group | Linaro.org │ Open source software
for ARM SoCs
w) tom.gall att linaro.org
h) tom_gall att mac.com