On Tue, 2013-06-04 at 00:07 -0400, David Long wrote:
> I'm trying to build for versatile express to run under QEMU.  When I
> boot under QEMU I get errors regarding the SD voltage, and it fails.  I
> have not really used QEMU for testing before.  Has anyone encountered
> this?  It's likely I've got something basic wrong.  Here is the command
> I'm using:
>
> qemu-system-arm -kernel zImage -M vexpress-a9 -cpu cortex-a9 -serial
> stdio -m 1024 -initrd initrd \
> -append 'root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw mem=1024M raid=noautodetect
> console=ttyAMA0,38400n8 rootwait vmalloc=256MB devtmpfs.mount=0' \
> -sd sd.img -dtb vexpress-v2p-ca9.dtb
>
> I made sd.img with l-m-c, and replaced the kernel and dtb with the
> output of my build.

I've never really tried using QEMU so don't have any QEMU specific help
to offer, but I have some questions...

What are the actual errors you get? What kernel config are you using? Do
you have these options enabled?

        CONFIG_VEXPRESS_CONFIG=y
        CONFIG_SENSORS_VEXPRESS=y
        CONFIG_REGULATOR=y
        CONFIG_REGULATOR_VEXPRESS=y
        CONFIG_NEW_LEDS=y
        CONFIG_LEDS_CLASS=y
        CONFIG_LEDS_GPIO=y

Does anyone know if QEMU emulates all the system register bits to
actually get the above things working? Linux drivers to use these
features were added to 3.7 so QEMU probably wouldn't have needed to
support them 9 months ago.

--
Tixy