On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 08:36:51PM +0000, Hare, John wrote:
> I am trying to find a copy of the library named libkvm for use with the
> Linaro Pandaboard UBUNTU builds.
> The libkvm source was found out on the web but I can't get it to build.
> Please advise.

Hi John,

libkvm on BSD is an entirely different thing and has nothing to with KVM
virtual machines on Linux (it's a debug memory access infrastructure on
BSD if memory serves me right).

I think there was something once called libkvm (as part of qemu-kvm),
based on a Google search, but this does not seem to be used anymore.

The two users of KVM in user space are kvmtool and qemu upstream, and
they access the KVM file descriptors and ioctls more or less directly.

Why are you not using any of these existing tools for your work?

-Christoffer