On 30 January 2014 13:40, Anil Singhar <anil.sing...@linaro.org> wrote:
> Hi Ard,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I want to expand the available disk space inside the foundation model, so
> may be the second option you provided will accomplish that. Is that right?
> Currently the default is 8GB.

The second option implies the first one. Gparted resizes your file
system, but can only enlarge it if their is enough free space after
it. If there isn't, you need to perform the dd to append some free
space.

> In the command "cat <old-file> /dev/zero | dd of=<new-file> count=16384
> bs=1m" what is old-file and new-file?

old file = your existing rootfs file
new file = a copy of your rootfs file padded to 16 GB

> I am using the following command to start the foundation model:
> anilss@anilss:~/Linaro/tools/Foundation_v8pkg/models/Linux64_GCC-4.1$
> ./Foundation_v8 --mbedded_lamp-armv8_20130719-403.img --network=nat
> --network-nat-ports=8022=22
> terminal_0: Listening for serial connection on port 5000
> terminal_1: Listening for serial connection on port 5001
> terminal_2: Listening for serial connection on port 5002
> terminal_3: Listening for serial connection on port 5003
> Simulation is started
>
> Could I not add some switch to this command to increase my disk space?

No

--
Ard.