Hi!

I wanted to ask for help on the Foundation model which becomes really
slow after a while, to the point where it is not usable anymore.
Quite often I have to kill the model (Ctrl-C) and restart it, with
corrupted files on the root FS.

I am using the latest Foundation model, kernel image, instructions
from the release page [1] but it also happens with my own mainline
kernel.

[1] http://releases.linaro.org/latest/openembedded/aarch64/

Symptoms and observations:
- after a few minutes the system looks like it is hanging but still
reacts on ping, the shell is still active but everything related to
the filesystem hangs (top, free, compiler etc.),
- there is no sign of memory exhaustion or abnormal caching as seen
from a recurrent 'free'. 90% of the memory is free,
- the problem arrives faster when working in an NFS mounted dir,
- on the visualization webpage (localhost:2001) all cores are idle all
the time and the number of instructions executed is really low (about
30K insts/s),
- the exact same setup used to work fine until my machine crashed
(lost the home dir completely), now the problems happens with both AXF
and UEFI based boot.

Is there something you already observed, is there a cure (kernel or
root FS config etc.)?

Here is the startup script:
# cat boot_fvp_uefi.sh
#!/bin/sh

# Start Foundation model >= 5206 from the Image and img images
pidof Foundation_v8 > /dev/null && echo -n 'Foundation_v8 already
running' && exit

IMAGE=vexpress64-openembedded_lamp-armv8-gcc-4.8_20140417-630.img

exec Foundation_v8                \
    --cores=2                \
     --network bridged            \
     --block-device $IMAGE            \