Hi

I was trying to run idlestat and with the below command output is -

# sudo ./idlestat -o /tmp/myoutput
fopen: No such file or directory

I looked into the source and it looks like its not entering in the if
condition in main -

1212         /* Acquisition time specified means we will get the traces */
1213         if (options.duration || args < argc) {
1214
1215                 /* Read cpu topology info from sysfs */
1216                 read_sysfs_cpu_topo();

1260                  if (idlestat_store(options.filename))
1261                         return -1;
                  }

Since duration argument is not given and args is actually equal to argc, if
condition is evaluated false.

So idlestat_store() is not creating the file "/tmp/myoutput" or storing any
info there.

As a result, call to idlestat_load is issues above error message.

1264         /* Load the idle states information */
1265         datas = idlestat_load(options.filename);
1266         if (!datas)
1267                 return 1;

I think the fix is simply to change the if condition above and make it -

--
Thanks,
-Meraj