On Friday 30 October 2015 17:27:42 Koen Kooi wrote:
> On 30 October 2015 at 15:33, Arnd Bergmann <a...@arndb.de> wrote:
> > On Monday 26 October 2015 10:24:54 Koen Kooi wrote:
> >> The first reports of things breaking are tricking in, OpenWRT
> >> apparently uses binutils-linaro 13.05 and Fathi mentioned that various
> >> LAVA health checks are failing now. If you encounter such an issue,
> >> add the 'archive/' bit to the URL, e.g.
> >>

> > Is this old OpenWRT or current trunk? The current code should
> > obviously be updated, but it might be better to not break the
> > latest official release.
>
> I have no idea, someone showed up on IRC and said openWRT needed it.
> That's all the info I have.

I've checked it at
http://git.openwrt.org/?p=14.07/openwrt.git;a=blob;f=toolchain/binutils/Makefile

The latest release is 15.05, which uses binutils-linaro-2.24.0-2014.09,
so that should be fine. The previous release was 14.07 and that used
binutils-linaro-2.24-2013.12. Since this is the newest binutils-linaro
version that got moved, it would be nice to restore it at the old path
and make the cutoff at 2013.11 rather than 2013.12.

All older releases of OpenWRT (12.09 and earlier) do not use
binutils-linaro and are not affected. I'm guessing that the user
that reported the problem was using an outdated snapshot and we
don't need to worry about that.

        Arnd