Hello,

All Linaro Gerrit servers have been upgraded to Gerrit 2.11.5 in
planned manner. As was announced previously, we intended to upgrade
directly to the latest 2.12, but literally couple of dates before
upgrade we found out that there's known issue which affects replication
services and thus our Git HA infrastructure. The bug has bean fixed by
now in the Gerrit master, but the date of 2.12.1 release wasn't yet
announced. As the aim of the current upgrade was to get on newer
Gerrit version than now-old 2.10, we decided to upgrade to 2.11.5
in the meantime, and revisit upgrade to 2.12 after bug fix releases.

Upgrade services appear to work stable based based on weekend
monitoring, ditto for CI loops integrating with Gerrit.

If you spot any issues, please provide details in a direct reply
(not "Reply All") to this mail.

One of the most user-facing changes in 2.11 is dropping support for
"old" change screen UI design. About 20 people of (hundreds) in Linaro
used the old design, and they were notified beforehand of the upgrade.

You can read about changes and new features in 2.11 at
https://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-2.11.html

As a sneak peek:

* Yet in 2.10, there was introduced feature of editing a commit
message in the Web UI. That's convenient if you e.g. spotted a typo in
colleague's commit message - you don't need describe him/her an issue
and make them rebase a change via command line, but can fix it on spot
in the browser (subject to ACLs).

* 2.11 brings this idea forward and allows to create entire patchsets
via web browser, or post follow-up changes changes in the same way. It
yet to be seen how useful this functionality is (in github, which has
similar functionality, it's actually useful - if you e.g. read a README
and spot a typo, you can submit a pull request with the fix on spot).

Happy code reviewing from Systems Team!

--
Best Regards,
Paul