I want to share status of my cross compiler packages work with all of you.

Some time ago I did a split of them into two:

- armel-cross-toolchain-base (1.36 now)
- armel-cross-toolchain      (1.29 now)

Where first one provides binutils, linux headers, libc6 and libgcc
packages. Second provides final gcc.

Today I got a-c-t-base to a moment when it builds fine on PPA [1]. 1.36 got
sent for rebuild to fix missing gcc-4.5-arm-linux-gnueabi-base package. When
it will build then a-c-toolchain package will get uploaded for build.

Result will deprecate my current repository at people.canonical.com [2]
because PPA gives signed repository.

On Monday I will probably have to update both components because there was
gcc-4.4 upload so probably gcc-4.5 will follow (so I will be able to drop one
patch).

Additionally I made 'gcc-defaults-armel-cross' package (available in [1])
which makes installing of cross compilers a bit easier (no need to worry which
version to install - just "apt-get install gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi" is enough).

Selection of cross gcc version is done in other way then native one. Native is
using "gcc" package which contains /usr/bin/gcc as symlink to /usr/bin/gcc-4.4
file. Cross gcc uses "update-alternatives" to setup /usr/bin/arm-linux-
gnueabi-gcc file. I want to fix it in 11.04 so cross gcc will use same method
as native one.

1. https://edge.launchpad.net/~hrw/+archive/arm-cross-compiler
2. http://people.canonical.com/~hrw/ubuntu-maverick-armel-cross-compilers/

Regards,