On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:39:15AM -0700, Zach Welch wrote:
> Specifically, I will be adding new support for Cortex-A9 SMP, though I
> may also make a few improvements to its handling of Cortex-A8 in the
> process.  If you have experience using OpenOCD in these contexts, let me
> know if you have any specific requests for features or fixes, and I will
> try to fold them into my plans.

Hello Zach,

    Welcome on. We discussed OpenOCD at the last TSC meeting we had, and
we have discovered that we don't have a very firm grasp of the gaps in
OpenOCD for v7 hardware at the moment. So let me ask a few basic
questions and see if that can guide us somewhere:

    - Of the platforms OMAP3, OMAP4, mx51 and U8500, does any have
      OpenOCD support today?

    - Are there levels of "support" that OpenOCD can provide for a
      platform? I.e. is it all or nothing, or is there basic support and
      what's a step up from that?

    - How much of OpenOCD is board-specific? In other words, does
      specific OpenOCD code (or config) need to be written to support,
      say, the Beagle versus the Beagle XM versus the IGEPv2?

    - Is there an OpenOCD starter doc we can give people that want to
      try OpenOCD out on their platforms (and report bugs to help
      provide items for your work queue)?

Thanks,
--
Christian Robottom Reis   | [+55] 16 9112 6430 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko