You may have noticed that I have created a new BZR/Launchpad branch for Linaro GCC 4.6:

 lp:gcc-linaro/4.6

 https://code.launchpad.net/~linaro-toolchain-dev/gcc-linaro/4.6

Up until now, this has not been buildable due to unfixed bugs. However, upstream GCC have now straightened out the problems, so I have pushed a buildable version into the branch.

I shall attempt to keep this branch as up-to-date as I can (at least, I will once the holiday season and January travel are over), but I'll only push updates if they build for me, so hopefully the branch should remain fairly stable, at least for our purposes.

Note that so far I've only tested build-ability. Right now I'm not making any promises about the quality of the compiler.

At some point, we'll want to use this branch to hold our own patches (both those that will never go upstream, and those that are queued for GCC 4.7), so it will diverge from upstream 4.6 a bit. For the moment, it's merely a mirror.

Andrew