On 02/03/11 22:51, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, Andrew Stubbs wrote:
Binaries that can be run anywhere are challenging. You either have to static
link (and even then you need to be careful what syscalls you use), or you have
to build them against some ancient libraries, and static link the less
ubiquitous dependencies (such as mpfr, ppl, etc.).

Sure.  But we have some evidence with the CS releases that this is
reasonably possible, right?

True, but CodeSourcery have some quite involved infrastructure in place to achieve that.

Of course, I have access to that, and I could probably get something built quite quickly.

I'm not sure about the QA & support implications though?

Andrew