W dniu 07.03.2012 22:47, Ken Werner pisze:
> On 03/06/2012 01:26 AM, Michael Hope wrote:

>> Talking:
>> Say Hi to Validation re: EC2 and plans
>> Say Hi to the ARM landing team re: vexpress upstream support
>> Say Hi to Beth Flanagan re: Yocto's existing auto builders and any hints
>
> Yep, it looks like there are several options:
>  a) the Yocto autobuilder
>  b) Jenkins
>  c) LAVA
>  d) something homegrown
>
> I talked to fabo and zyga and agreed that - as a starting point - I'll
> provide a shell script that automates the process and we'll go from
> there. I've made contact with Elizabeth and briefly looked into the
> yocto autobuilder whis is based on buildbot. Obviously it's meant for
> regression testing the various yocto images. I think we want to keep
> oe-core+linaro-meta stable and exchange the toolchain which is kind of
> the other way round what they are doing. But I'll keep an eye on it.

I had setup at least two buildbots building OE images. For testing of
Linaro toolchain it can be used too I think. If buildbot has ability to
pull bzr for changes then you can get automatic tests after each
commit/merge.

> Just to give you an overview. The build of the sato and qt4e images
> takes about two hours my machine (24x "E5649  @ 2.53GHz" with 32gb of
> RAM) and creates about 37GiB of object files, binaries, packages and
> images. This is excluding the size of the sources (and the time for
> fetching them in case they are not there). I haven't spent time on
> optimizing my build environment (tmpfs etc), so I guess there is room
> for improvement. I cannot even say whether it's I/O or CPU bound.
> Sometimes it appears to be the latter - when building Qt for example.
> But sometimes only one CPU gets used and it's waiting for a source being
> unpacked that other tasks depend on.

BB_NUMBER_THREADS=12
PARALLEL_MAKE=8

Or other values for them and your machine will have most of CPU time in
use. First one control how many BitBake threads are called at same time,
second is given as "-jX" argument to make. With both used you do not
have to wait as there is always something to do (up to moment when
do_rootfs is called as this is usually last task).

INHERIT += "rm_work"

This will remove contents of WORKDIR after recipe's build. With this
enabled (and downloads outsite of tmp/) you can probably fit in tmpfs on
your machine.