On Apr 11, 2012, at 7:22 PM, Michael Hope wrote:

> My vote is for /lib/ld-arm-linux-gnueabihf.so.3 as it:
> * is similar to /lib/ld-x86-64.so.2
> * keeps the libraries and loader in the same directory
> * doesn't invent a new /libhf directory
> * is easier to implement in GLIBC
> * is architecture and ABI unique
> * requires less change for distros where the hard float libraries are
> already in /lib
>
> I'm happy to do the GLIBC and GCC implementation.

I'm happy with your proposal, as I am with any of the others that result
in a /lib path (our guys will accept that) that contains enough uniqueness
that there won't be a path clash later. Sure, Jakub will probably argue
that ".so.3" already implies "gnueabi" so we can drop that, and we can
screw around with this some more, but you are on the right track IMO.

Jon.