On 16/04/13 14:08, Matthias Klose wrote:
Am 16.04.2013 11:49, schrieb Matthew Gretton-Dann:
The issues I encountered were:
  * Its hard to get a machine running in hard-float to bootstrap a soft-float
compiler and vice-versa.

hmm, why?

when using precise or quantal as the build environment, then having these
packages installed should be good enough:

   libc6-dev-armhf [armel], libc6-dev-armel [armhf]
   binutils
   g++-multilib

Although I still have a local patch to support the multilib configuration:

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/gcccvs/branches/sid/gcc-4.8/debian/patches/arm-multilib-defaults.diff?revision=6640&view=markup

I honestly don't know what the issue is - except that when I try to bootstrap a vanilla FSF GCC arm-none-linux-gnueabi with the initial host compiler as arm-none-linux-gnueabihf I get failures during libraries builds in stage 1.

Also given that we try to build vanilla compilers, and so for 4.6 & 4.7 that requires fiddling with links in /usr/lib and /usr/include to point into the multiarch stuff, doing this in a chroot is safer than on the main system.

Thanks,

Matt

--
Matthew Gretton-Dann