Folks,

Clang+LLVM 3.5.0 was released yesterday (3rd Sep) and Linaro, as
usual, have tested both ARM and AArch64 native builds. This is a major
milestone for LLVM on ARM/AArch64, please read the release notes to
find out more.

http://llvm.org/releases/3.5.0/docs/ReleaseNotes.html

You can download the native ARM binaries (and sources) at:

http://llvm.org/releases/download.html#3.5.0

Since LLVM is natively a cross-compiler, you can download the binary
to your host platform and compile to ARM or AArch64, but you'll need
extra tools (linker, libc, etc).

The main changes are:

* EHABI is now enabled by default and it's compatible with both gcc_eh
and libc++abi unwinding libraries.

* The integrated assembler has got a complete makeover and is now
enabled by default on ARM and AArch64. It supports most of what GCC
produces and a good part of the hand-coded assembly we've seen in the
wild. Please report bugs!

* The current AArch64 back-end is the resulting of a merge between the
existing back-end with Apple's own private back-end (that they open
sourced). It's faster and as stable as the previous and has been
further improved since the merge.

* Compiler-RT has been integrated to the ARM/AArch64 CMake build,
including the sanitizers, though the resulting quality is still beta.
Please report bugs!

This is the first time that Linaro has produced binaries for both ARM
and AArch64 and we'll continue to do so for all major and minor
releases from now on. If there is any patch on trunk for ARM/AArch64
that you need back-ported to 3.5.1 (and beyond), please let us know.

Feedback and Support

Subscribe to the important Linaro mailing lists and join our IRC channels to
stay on top of Linaro development.

** Linaro Toolchain Development "mailing list":
** Linaro Toolchain IRC channel on irc.freenode.net at @#linaro-tcwg@

* Bug reports should be filed in LLVM's bugzilla:
  http://www.llvm.org/bugs/
* Questions? "ask Linaro":
  http://ask.linaro.org/.
* Interested in commercial support? Inquire at "Linaro support":mailto:
  supp...@linaro.org

Regards,
--renato