Hi Linaro Toolchain Group,

I am comparing execution time (run time) of sin() trigonometric function
between following glibc (including libm) libraries for aarch64 (juno cortex
a57) :
Linaro glibc 2.19, Linaro eglibc 2.19, eglibc 2.19 (from
http://www.eglibc.org/) and Linaro glibc 2.21.

My observation for execution time of sin():

with Linaro glibc 2.19 and eglibc 2.19 = 1m24.703s (approx)
whereas,
with  Linaro eglibc 2.19 & Linaro glibc 2.21 = 0m25.243s (approx)

Has Linaro optimized the libm functions for aarch64 in Linaro eglibc 2.19 ?
If yes, please point me to relevant reference from where I can find more
information on them.

Since the eglibc development from version 2.19 has stopped, will Linaro
maintain its own development version of glibc ?

I am using below snippet code and linux 'time' command to calculate the
time.
void sin_func(void)
{
        double incr = 0.732;