On 23-12-2015 15:41, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Dec 2015, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:

>>> Multiple revisions in a few days isn't uncommon.  But 5 years have
>>> passed at this point.

>>> Could you (i.e. someone in the toolchain team) take care of this?
>>
>> I will sort this out when I get back from holidays.
>
> Great, thank you.
>

> Nicolas

Nicolas, I am about to start a new thread about ""ld -r" on mixed
IR/non-IR objects", asking current status from H.J. Lu, what is
preventing upstream merge, concerns and objections.

First I would to know which the priority of this feature for your
work on kernel tinification. I am asking it because based on the
threads about previous tries to push this upstream I foresee it
will take some time (either by review or design discussion).

It will also help us discuss the viability to add the patchset in
your branch and the pro and cons of having it out-of-tree.