Hi Christophe,

On 2016/4/7 20:14, Christophe Lyon wrote:
On 7 April 2016 at 05:44, fengwei.yin <fengwei....@linaro.org> wrote:

On 2016/4/6 23:11, Christophe Lyon wrote:

On 6 April 2016 at 16:53, fengwei.yin <fengwei....@linaro.org> wrote:

Hi list,
I hit another weird problem after use gcc 5.3 (If I use gcc 4.9, there is
no
any
issue) with android.

Hi,

Maybe this kind of problem would be handled better via bugzilla?

With arm gcc 5.3, the C++ apps crash in one class constructor call. And
gdb
shows some vtbl items of the class are not relocated.

With arm gcc 4.9, if set breakpoint in that constructor, we could see the
vtbl
items of the class are relocated.

And Yes. I know the android bionic loader take response to do relocation.
But if
it works with gcc 4.9, I suppose bionic loader work well (unless gcc 5.3
create
some new situation not handled by it).

I attached the vtbl dump in gdb for gcc 5.3 and 4.9 both. We could see
all
valid
entries in vtbl are relocated in 4.9 dump. But not all entries in vtbl
are
relocated in 5.3 dump (the address is not started with 0xf).

Can you share the relocations corresponding to these dumps?
(output of objdump -r for instance)

The objdump -r is empty. And I have output of objdump -R which is 14M size
txt
file and not suitable for email. How can I share it to you? Thanks.

I suggest you create a bugzilla entry and attached it there (in
compressed form).

Yes. I am trying to create the bugzilla entry and will attach the -R dump.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

Regards
Yin, Fengwei

Regards
Yin, Fengwei

Thanks

Suggestions/hints are welcome. Thanks a lot.

Regards
Yin, Fengwei