On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 12:08 AM, Rob Savoye <rob.sav...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On 04/18/2016 11:43 AM, $rik@nth  wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 7:07 PM, Rob Savoye <rob.sav...@linaro.org> wrote:
>
>> `../abe.sh  --set arch=armv7-a --host arm-linux-gnueabi --target
>> arm-linux-gnueabi --build all`.. Still observing the same issue while
>> building libgcc
>

>> if i drop --host flag.. It compiles properly. But the bins are
>> generating for x86_64 instead of arm 32bit with dynamic rather than
>> static as per your pointer.
>
>   You're trying to cross compile GCC itself to run on an ARM Linux
> system ? That's not explicitly supported by ABE.
Yes. I want to compile GCC to run on ARM linux.

>You'd need to first build a arm-linux-gnueabi cross compiler,
Here i am failing to build arm-linux-gnueabi cross compier for ARM
aarch. With the configuraiton it is generating for x86 rather than for
ARM.

> and clone the sysroot from
> your ARM target. Then it *might* work. ABE primarily builds cross
> compilers. For ARM hosted GCC, ABE builds natively.
I can do the cloning of sysroot once if i can generate cross compiler for ARM.

--
Thanks & Regards,
M.Srikanth Kumar.