[Activity]

[TCWG-1319] Link AOSP with LLD.
Closed this out as I've gone as far as I can profitably go without
being an Android expert.
- With trunk LLD I can now link and boot AOSP with LLD without any
use_clang_lld=false on both Arm and AArch64 emulators. I also managed
to get it to boot on a Hikey960 (aarch64).
- Communicated recent additions to LLD in aid of building AOSP, and
extra command line options needed to the Google team.

Landed support for GCC inline assembly constraint S in LLVM.

Some comments on LTO + linker script proposal on llvm-dev mailing list.

Started thinking in more detail about ICF=safe.
- Decided that LLVM was a better place to do this than clang after
attempting to use libtooling.
- There is an existing LLVM pass called merge functions that does what
ICF does but at the LLVM IR level
-- This is off by default, maybe worth looking at as part of LTO and
code-size reductions.
- Started to write a prototype pass that uses
Function::isAddressTaken() although I think that this may give me too
pessimistic a result.

Peter