On 19/12/2019 14:41, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:

> On 18/12/2019 14:24, John McCall wrote:

>>> Hi John,
>>>
>>> I am the one responsible for babysitting the bots this week and I will
>>> take a look at this issue. I will let you know what I found.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> John.
>
> Hi John,
>
> I couldn't reproduce the issue on the bot with
> 2f932b57296a573454d29893eedbeaa6901c2a68,
> both stage1 and stage2 build fine and check showed no regression. I restarted
> the bot
> and I will let you know how the results of the next iterations comes out.

Hi again John,

I was looking at a different bot, so the results were for the one running on
armv7
instead the one that is failing which runs on armv8.

The problem seems to be in fact a compiler issue on the container we use to run
buildbot.  It is an ubuntu 16.04, but we don't use the default compiler (gcc
5.4.0),
but instead an updated one (gcc 7.4.0) provided by ubuntu test ppa [1].

If I build clang-tblgen with gcc 7.4.0 on Release mode it generates a
segmentation
fault. It does not occur with RelWithDebugInfo neither if I used gcc 5.4.0 on
Release mode.

Trying to analyse the core generated does not really give us much information,
it
shows a recursive call on visitASTNodeHierarchyImpl:

at memcmp.c:352
#1  0x0001dab8 in clang::tblgen::visitASTNodeHierarchyImpl(llvm::RecordKeeper&,
llvm::StringRef, llvm::function_ref<void (clang::tblgen::ASTNode,
clang::tblgen::ASTNode)>) ()
[...]

gdb can't show the bottom of the stack.

I will check with my team which would be best procedure, I would expect we will
need to update the compiler.

[1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-toolchain-r/+archive/ubuntu/test