Hi,

We are having some serious problems after we upgraded from C++14 to C++17
on an Jetson TX2 ARM device. Our system tests started to behave differently
and fail.

It seems that when our application uses a library (also developed by us)
some data gets corrupted when delivered to a class constructor. For
example, the .second of and std::pair<float> appears to be the .first and
the .second is garbage. This is deterministic, but different tests are
failing depending on the combination: library C++17/C++14 <-> application
C++14/C++17.

This is on Ubuntu 18.04 and gcc version 7.5.0 (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04).

Nothing like this happens on Intel.

So:
ARM, C++14: OK
Intel, C++14: OK
ARM, C++17: FAIL
Intel, C++17: OK

Any ideas what could cause this? I know this is a bit vague, but this a
commercial, closed-source application so I cannot yet give any other
information.

BR,
Jussi Lind