Hi Nathaniel,

> On Jan 18, 2024, at 13:02, Nathaniel Shead via Gcc-regression
> <gcc-regress...@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the notification! I took a look and the error seems to be
> something specific to the TLS implementation for ARM requiring
> additional flags to link correctly, maybe?

Looking at [1], it seems that only the bare-metal configurations are affected.
And looking at [2], the tests are failing with
===
undefined reference to `__aeabi_read_tp'
===
.

Given that we are configuring GCC for arm-none-eabi with "--enable-threads=no",
the failure is not a surprise.

[1] https://linaro.atlassian.net/browse/GNU-1112
[2]
https://ci.linaro.org/job/tcwg_gnu_embed_check_gcc--master-arm_eabi-build/572/artifact/artifacts/00-sumfiles/g++.log.1.xz

> I'm unable to test locally (I don't have access to an ARM machine) but
> from looking at other testsuite examples which make use of thread
> locals, adding the following two lines to the testcases may resolve the
> failures:
>
>  // { dg-add-options tls }
>  // { dg-require-effective-target tls_runtime }

Yes, this should skip the testcase for targets without thread/TLS support.

> Please let me know if the issue is something else and I can take
> another look.

Thanks!

--
Maxim Kuvyrkov