Hello,

>  | 4 patches in gdb
>  | Patchwork URL: https://patchwork.sourceware.org/patch/88278
>  | 343a2568d2c gdb, infrun: fix multi-threaded reverse stepping
>  | a4cfc3d32a8 gdb, infrun, record: move no-history notification into
>normal_stop
>  | fc70b453e32 gdb, infrun, record: fix hang when step-over fails with no-
>history
>  | 45548f364fd gdb, infrun, btrace: fix reverse/replay stepping at end of
>execution history
>  | ... applied on top of baseline commit:
>  | 31c21e2c13d [gdb/testsuite] Fix gdb.threads/access-mem-running-thread-
>exit.exp with clang
>
>FAIL: 1 regressions: 1 progressions
>
>regressions.sum:
>               === gdb tests ===
>
>Running gdb:gdb.threads/interrupt-while-step-over.exp ...
>FAIL: gdb.threads/interrupt-while-step-over.exp: displaced-stepping=off:
>iter=6: wait for stops (timeout)

The log contains several FAILs at different iterations, yet this report lists a
single
new fail at iteration 6 IIUC.  Is this test known to be flaky?

I tried reproducing this on x86-64 but couldn't find any flakiness with this
test.

>progressions.sum:
>               === gdb tests ===
>
>Running gdb:gdb.threads/detach-step-over.exp ...
>FAIL: gdb.threads/detach-step-over.exp: breakpoint-condition-
>evaluation=host: target-non-stop=on: non-stop=on: displaced=off:
>test_detach_command: iter 2: attach (GDB internal error)

What is a 'progression'?

The log again contains several fails in this test. I also found the same GDB
internal error
in xfails.xfail on iter 3 instead of 2.

I tried reproducing this on x86-64 but couldn't find any flakiness with this
test.

>You can find the failure logs in *.log.1.xz files in
> - https://ci.linaro.org/job/tcwg_gdb_check--master-arm-
>precommit/2150/artifact/artifacts/artifacts.precommit/00-sumfiles/
>The full lists of regressions and progressions as well as configure and make
>commands are in
> - https://ci.linaro.org/job/tcwg_gdb_check--master-arm-
>precommit/2150/artifact/artifacts/artifacts.precommit/notify/
>The list of [ignored] baseline and flaky failures are in
> - https://ci.linaro.org/job/tcwg_gdb_check--master-arm-
>precommit/2150/artifact/artifacts/artifacts.precommit/sumfiles/xfails.xfail
>
>The configuration of this build is:
>CI config tcwg_gdb_check master-arm
>
>-----------------8<--------------------------8<--------------------------8<-----------------------
>---
>The information below can be used to reproduce a debug environment:
>
>Current build   : https://ci.linaro.org/job/tcwg_gdb_check--master-arm-
>precommit/2150/artifact/artifacts
>Reference build : https://ci.linaro.org/job/tcwg_gdb_check--master-arm-
>build/1039/artifact/artifacts
>
>Warning: we do not enable maintainer-mode nor automatically update
>generated files, which may lead to failures if the patch modifies the
>master files.

If those are indeed real fails introduced by my patches, any chance I can debug
this on an x86-64 system?  Via simulation, perhaps?

thanks,
Markus.
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Registered Address: Am Campeon 10, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de <http://www.intel.de>
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Sharon Heck, Tiffany Doon Silva
Registered Office: Munich