Hello Paul,

Paul Richard Thomas <paul.richard.tho...@gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you very much for your debugging efforts. You really pulled out the
> stops.

You're welcome. In the future if there are other issues or questions
regarding our CI, please feel free to contact us.

> Can I take it then that you will update the toolchain system wide so that I
> can commit the patch
> without triggering you every night? It would be a pity to XFAIL it after your
> efforts.

Now that there's a new Ubuntu LTS I believe we will update our systems
to it in the near feature, but I'm not sure exactly when.

In any case, committing your patch won't be a problem because we only
report a regression once. The commit will trigger a new notification
email because it will be the first time that the problem will be
detected in trunk, but at that point our system will incorporate that
FAIL into its known failures and not complain about it in the future.

> On Sat, 6 Jul 2024 at 06:55, Thiago Jung Bauermann
> <thiago.bauerm...@linaro.org> wrote:
>
>  I ran your patch through a different CI loop that we have, where instead
>  of using the distro's toolchain (binutils, gcc, glibc) to build and test
>  the patch, it builds every component from scratch and from their
>  respective tips of trunk.
>
>  This time it didn't detect any problem. All
>  gfortran.dg/class_transformational_2.f90 tests passed:
>

> https://ci.linaro.org/job/tcwg_gnu_native_check_gcc--master-arm-precommit/2/artifact/artifacts/artifacts.precommit/sumfiles/gfortran.sum.xz
>

>  I think this means that with Ubuntu 22.04 glibc we see the problem, but
>  when using the latest upstream glibc we don't.

I ran the test on the same machine but inside a container with Ubuntu
24.04 and I couldn't reproduce the FAIL there, so this confirms my
suspicion: the problem is in the system toolchain, likely in glibc.

--
Thiago