I once came on Sherman's Bridge on my bicycle several years ago as the
Wayland DPW was replacing some boards. I was told the bridge belongs to one
of the state departments, not either town, and the Wayland DPW gets paid to
do maintenance. Then I was told the provision for total re-planking is a
minimum of every 20 years. The last time it was totally re-planked was just
before the big flood. (What year was that?) The water in the Sudbury river
was over the guardrails of Sherman's Bridge. There is a house next to the
river on the Wayland side, atop a knoll. The woman there told me she was
kayaking out of her garage. Every bridge over the Sudbury was closed. Once
the water finally receded the wood planks all warped. Not only is the bridge
bad, neither town wants to do road repair on either side of the bridge,
especially Wayland. (Sour grapes intended. Sudbury has patched some bad
holes.) For those of us on bicycles, the wood bridge does eliminate all
truck traffic on the road.

Ken Hablow

KH Graphics
Tel: 781-257-5268  +    <http://www.khgraphics.com/> www.khgraphics.com