Hello all,

Sara, I hope you are well and thank you for reaching out. Below, I’ve
outlined the issues that I currently see as most important for Lincoln, as
well as my experiences and qualifications that I believe would be useful if
elected.

One of the most important issues (not only in Lincoln but the Commonwealth
overall) is housing.  I love our community and I know others that want to
live here, but are either priced out or simply unable to find a home given
the supply. We need more housing options in Lincoln so that people can
afford to live in our great community.  In addition, I also want to make
sure that people are not forced to sell their homes due to inability to pay
taxes, so that people are able to age in place if they so desire.

The next issue that I see as critical is sustainability and green energy.
As we have seen with gas prices and heating costs (even prior to the
current situation), we need to work with our leaders on Beacon Hill and as
a region to fulfill our energy needs in a smart way that doesn’t
economically burden our residents.

Finally, another important issue, and one of my main goals, is to work with
FINCOM to build a reasonable budget that serves our needs while also making
sure we do not put too much of a burden on the taxpayers of Lincoln.

In terms of my experiences and qualifications, I have been involved in
state and regional politics for years though my charity work for Veterans,
as well as lobbying to teach financial education to children in schools.
If elected, I will use the relationships that I have built to work together
with elected officials in our neighboring towns and the state level to make
sure we solve issues together.

Specific to Lincoln, I have volunteered to run many Veterans events in town
and the 4th of July run.  These experiences have given me a great
appreciation of the importance of these community events.  I want to work
to create more community events in town and to make sure that we bring back
the 4th of July fireworks to our community once the school project is
done.  So many in our community miss this great event.

I have also served the town as a current School Committee member.  I have
helped form budget and policy in this role and have worked with numerous
people in town for the last 4 years.  This has helped me understand how the
town works, as well as what goes into the budget process, and has also
helped me to understand the community.  While the work has been challenging
at times, it has always given me great pride to serve our children and our
community.  During my time on the School Committee, we have kept the budget
within FINCOM’s guidance and have not had to ask for an override.

Finally, I love serving my community.  I picked this up from my 17 years in
the United States Military where I was awarded a Bronze Star for my action
in Afghanistan.  I also currently serve on CAPCOM as part of my role on the
School Committee, and as I’m sure others on that committee may say, I am
not afraid to speak up and suggest new ideas.  I don’t passively accept the
answer “because that is how we have always done it” because we have to be
creative and have debates to solve issues.  I like to learn and work with
people and I believe that debating the issues to come up with the best
solution(s) is an integral part of this work.

Thank you once again and I would appreciate your support on March 28th!

*Adam M Hogue, Candidate for Select Board*
*Cell: **(978) 828-6184*