In Memory of Tom Billings

The flags on our Town buildings will be at half-staff in recognition of the
passing of Tom Billings, long-time resident and active Town volunteer. Tom died
suddenly in his Lincoln home on March 9th from cardiac arrest.  Kind, modest
and intelligent, Tom was much loved and respected in Lincoln and everywhere he
went. Almost from the time Tom and his wife Penny moved to Lincoln in 1983,
they became involved as volunteers on town boards and committees. An
enthusiastic conservationist, Tom was a member of the Conservation Commission
for many years.  He later became a Library Trustee and served in that role
until he was appointed to the bench as a Justice of the Massachusetts Superior
Court in 2001 and had to step down from other positions he held. Tom retired
from the court in 2019.  He loved and never tired of Lincoln and its beauty,
walking around town almost daily.  We are grateful for Tom's contributions to
and influence on our community.

We join with Tom's many friends in expressing our sympathies to his wife Penny,
their son Jamie, and their family.   He will be greatly missed.

For the Town,

Jonathan Dwyer, Select Board Chair

Tim Higgins, Town Administrator

Peggy Elder