Dear Lincoln Friends,

I am happy to announce that I am running for a second term on the Lincoln
Sudbury Regional School Committee. If re-elected, I will continue to serve
our school with the energy and enthusiasm needed to ensure Lincoln-Sudbury
Regional High School remains a place of optimal learning, growth, and
development.

My experiences over the past three years have given me valuable insights
into the roles and responsibilities of the governing body and how best to
support our school. For example, in my first year as a Committee
member, I chaired
the LS COVID-19 Testing sub-committee. Through our hard work and advocacy,
LS was one of the first schools in Massachusetts to offer COVID-19 testing
to all its students and staff. As the current LS School Committee Chair, I
have led the Committee to develop clear goals to ensure our actions align
with LS’s values, principles, and purpose. During this past year, the LS
School Committee has met several core duties of the governing body, such as
renewed teacher contracts and updated governing policies. We have also
supported in-person learning during the evolving COVID-19 pandemic with
actions such as adding the COVID-19 vaccine as a requirement of employment
at LS. We have made progress toward achieving our goals, but there is more
work to do.

If re-elected, I have three priorities that I believe are essential for the
LS School Committee to work on:

   -

   Enhance Student Services. The utmost priority of the LS School Committee
   is to ensure LS meets the academic and social-emotional needs of our
   students, particularly during the evolving COVID-19 pandemic. This entails
   continuous monitoring and supporting flexible and responsive programming to
   serve our students, particularly social-emotional services.
   -

   Improve our data-driven program monitoring, budgeting, and allocating of
   resources. Over the next three years, I would like to work with the LS
   School Committee and our Administration to improve the data monitoring of
   our school. The LS School Committee needs clear metrics to ensure our
   programs respond to the needs of our diverse student body. These metrics
   will help us determine where we are doing well and where we should be
   allocating resources.
   -

   Maintain openness and flexibility. The past two years have taught us to
   expect the unexpected. Our faculty, staff, and students have shown a
   tremendous amount of resilience. I will support the LS School Committee to
   ensure we are continuously monitoring and updating our policies and
   protocols to the evolving needs of our students.

If re-elected, I will build on my experience and bring commitment and
positive energy to the LS School Committee. I will strive to ensure we
provide access to an environment where our children and students learn and
grow.

Check out my Facebook page (facebook.com/caraforLSSC) or contact me via
email at caraforl...@gmail.com for more information about my campaign.

Please vote for Cara Endyke Doran for Lincoln Sudbury Regional School
Committee on March 28, 2022.

Thank you,

Cara Endyke Doran