From: Lincoln <lincoln-boun...@lincolntalk.org> on behalf of JAY DWYER
<jaysp...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2022 8:59:53 AM
To: Bryce Wells <bryce_we...@yahoo.com>
Cc: Listserv, Listserv <lincoln@lincolntalk.org>
Subject: Re: [LincolnTalk] LINCOLN…We Have a Problem ! (not my personal
experience)

Hi Bryce,

Thanks for bringing up your questions and concerns in the well reasoned manner.

You are correct, I do not have a background in education other than being
educated in two systems. The first one was a public school where I was not
thriving. The second one was a parochial school whic which challenge me in
after three years of that I was able to go to any school and feel comfortable
that I was not behind.

I’m glad that your boys had a positive experience in the Lincoln schools and
beyond. Part of that is from the school of course but I always think that the
most important part is a family environment and attention to the value of
schoolwork provided by the parents. You did your job!

The reason I am running is because I saw it from the outside at Lincoln school
enrollment has been declining the last 10 years population of the town has been
increasing. The information you shared about friends going to private schools
is common.
The question that is not asked is “if cost was no object would you keep your
child in Lincoln schools or go to a private school? “
I think we all know the answer to that question.

I know it worked for me and for many many other people so it is not anecdotal
information. Rigorous work and accountability whether it was on the sports
fields or in the classroom is a recipe for success.

I fully realize that as outsider I will not be invited to sit at the cool kids
table.

If I can help the students of Lincoln become more successful in building a
strong foundation for the future I will eat in the corner table by myself.

I’m OK with that.

If you want somebody who is willing to question the establishment asked for
your vote on March 28 for Lincoln school committee.

Joseph Dwyer
603.560.1787 c