Hi All,

I know we have a cadre of talented guitarists in Lincoln, and I’m hoping to get
some advice:   I want to buy my significant other a guitar for his birthday.
He’s a talented amateur who performs multiple times weekly (jazz, blues,
classical, rock) and he’s looking for an acoustic classical guitar (that means
nylon strings, right???) that he can perform with.  He has a a very nice
Takamine, which he loves, but it has sentimental value so he doesn’t want to
take it to gigs.  He claims that you can get a serviceable guitar for less than
$500, but can’t generally get a good classical guitar under $2000— I’m hoping
this isn’t universally true and that someone out there has an idea for one that
might be in the $800-$1200 range.

If you have any recommendations, or an idea who I should consult, I’d be super
appreciative.

Cris Ratiner