I am an orthopedic PT who has been referring patients to marathon sports
for years. (I usually go to the Wellesley store) The best part about them
is that it's not just for runners.  I've seen them take 45 minutes to make
sure a woman on a walker was fitted with a sneaker they could put on
themselves as well as have the correct fit.  There are so many nuances with
running shoes (walking sneakers).  Some have wider toe boxes/narrower heel
cups, some are stability shoes and some are neutral shoes. The staff are
trained to look at your feet, watch you walk and fit the correct shoe.
They are even more specific, now, as they have a machine that tells them
where you place the most pressure on your feet when you stand. For an added
bonus, you are free to take the shoe and wear it outside/inside-run/walk
with it for 30 days.  If you are not satisfied, you can return them and put
the entire cost of that sneaker, towards another one until you find one
that really fits. It's where I go to get mine as well.
Good luck
Heather Broglio