Melinda, et al,

So the WHOLE situation is confusion, where and what mode of movement is
permitted.  The strips of asphalt to parallel to some roads in Lincoln was
probably foremost for students of Lincoln school, to take walkers as bikers
off the narrow roads of Lincoln, and reach the core of Lincoln, along
Lincoln Road.  Over the decades it has been extented to more road. Yeah,
the simple concept works: physical separation from automotive vehicles is a
matter of safety.   This also applies when considering different categories
of users on trails in our Nature, with primary responsibility still to
preserve that Nature.

Best idea is not to change usage for now. I still invoke the warning
against incremental changes: lots of incremental changes are claimed to be
of little effect: it starts with one, and one after another it continues
until Nature is essentially lost.  We should not be making another "small,
purportedly insignificant incremental change" to usage at this time.
Enough to straighten out even before considering changes.  Let's wait at
least a decade......

I recommend NO CHANGES to current trail usage.

Maybe it takes a vote at town meeting.  What the voters of Lincoln want
Lincoln to be like in 10, 50, 100 years from now.

I hope Nature is still here as we have it still today, even though it has
shrunk already in comparison to just 25 for 50 years ago.

Gordon Woodington