Hello, all —

Lincoln Talk has hosted lively discussion of the proposed trail policy changes
in the last few weeks, which I think can only improve peoples’ awareness of the
issues involved and, hopefully, the policy draft itself. I understand that the
Conservation Department and LLCT staff see Lincoln Talk; to be sure your
comments are actually recorded in the town’s public record, you might want to
copy and email your comments to the Conservation Department directly.

Tomorrow night the Conservation Commission will continue its discussion of the
proposed trail policy changes; the meeting is of course open to the public. The
trails discussion will start at 8 pm. This link will take you to the meeting
agenda and Zoom link:
https://www.lincolntown.org/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/4595?html=true

The discussions have really been an exercise in participatory democracy; they
are a way for all citizens to have their views on trail use heard. Walkers,
cyclists, horseback riders, proponents of unrestricted access, proponents of
protecting the natural world — all voices are welcome and necessary to the
process. And you may just find yourself getting to know and exchange views with
other Lincoln residents you may have encountered on the trails…I urge anyone
interested in Lincoln’s  trails and conservation land to attend.

Deb Howe

Sent from my iPad