I agree.  I live in the same apartment complex as Mary R.  The town should do a
"phone blast" with important messages.  Other towns use this system to alert
residents with important information.

-----Original Message-----
From: MARY ROSENFELD <landoftr...@comcast.net>
To: lincoln@lincolntalk.org <lincoln@lincolntalk.org>
Sent: Tue, Aug 2, 2022 2:44 pm
Subject: [LincolnTalk] Many do not receive town notices

          The only people in town that receive town notices are home owners.
Apartment renters do not receive them.   One copy is sent to landlords, who do
not distribute them.
          When the town water department warned of overly high levels of
triflouromethanes in the drinking water 2 years ago (which I understand still
hasn't been fully addressed) no one in my apartment complex heard about it.
It was several weeks before the word got out, and then several people bought
appropriate filters.  But in the meantime people were drinking contaminated
town water.
        So I opt for reverse 911, so everyone potentially gets the message.
Meanwhile, time passes, the weather is hotter, and this whole drought/water use
issue needs to be adequately publicized.

   Mary R.